Save money by using energy more efficiently
1. Turn off office equipment when you’re not using it
Overnight, at weekends and during bank holidays. Savings on just a single computer and monitor could be up to £35 a year.
2. Cut lighting costs by as much as 15%
Turning off lights in empty rooms and replacing bulbs with energy saving ones.
3. A constantly dripping tap can cost your business about £400 per year
Make sure you turn off taps fully and fix any drips.
4. Save 4% of your turnover with waste management techniques
Such as partnering with other businesses to recycle waste or selling it to be used as raw materials.
5. Save 8% on your company’s heating bill
Turn the thermostat down one degree.
6. Ask your suppliers about take-back schemes for unused products
You may be able to get your money back, or at least a portion of the cost.
7. Save up to 1 month’s worth of fuel
Over a year through smarter driving such as reducing load and good maintenance.
8. Invest in efficient equipment to cut your energy and water costs
Government support includes interest-free energy efficiency loans delivered through the Carbon Trust.
9. To refill an inkjet cartridge costs about half the price of a new one
Use email where possible, set your PC to print double-sided and refill printer, fax and photocopier cartridges.
10. Always publicise your commitment to reducing your environmental impact
More than a third of consumers would favour recyclable products or those with minimal packaging.